ONLINE ZOOM WORKSHOP
Saturday 16th January 2021
10am–2.30pm London time
£65, with 10% of every ticket price donated to the Trussell Trust
E-mail me if you’d like to book on to this workshop.
About the workshop
With Coronavirus restricting so many of us to working from home and alternative spaces, I’ve reformatted the phone photography workshop which I’ve been running for the last three years from various UK hospitality locations to now work in an online setting via the Zoom platform.
Anyone signing up to the workshop will receive an email meeting code which will link you to the online workshop, to begin at 10am (London time) sharp on Saturday 16th January.
It’s a phone photography and Instagram workshop for foodies, bloggers and anyone who wants to up their Instagram game. This 4-hour workshop is for people who are both new to Instagram and for those who are interested in using it much more effectively, especially as a business tool to self-promote.
There will be three main elements to the workshop:
1) A talk and slide presentation about phone photography and Instagram
* The power of Instagram and how to get the most from it
* Finding a style
* Suggestions for styling food for photography
* Taking good photographs with your phone
* Editing your images
2) A practical workshop to practice what’s just been discussed
* You’ll be able to follow both my desktop camera and phone screen as I set up on the phone and style a scene simply at the table in the way that I do for most of the shots which I publish to Instagram.
3) A tour of the Instagram app
* I’ll give you a detailed run-through of the Instagram platform to explain things such as the algorithm, hashtags, engagement and business profiles.
I’ll be hanging around after it’s finished for any questions you might have.
* 10am–2.30pm London time, Saturday 16th January 2021
(20-minute break around 12pm)
Cost: £65 (I request pre-payment for the workshops via online bank transfer)
You will need:
* Your own camera phone or tablet (iPhone is my camera phone of choice and is the one I will be demonstrating with, but any smart phone or tablet that you take images with will be fine)
* The most up-to-date version of the Instagram app for your phone/tablet would also be helpful
Alternatively, you might just wish to sit and watch!
I’m an art director and designer with a great passion for Instagram and phone photography. I’ve worked with some of the country’s best chefs, foodies and food photographers during my working life. I understand the power of Instagram as a marketing and communication tool, but I also love the way the app enhances how people think and create in the world of food. I’ve worked with many brands and individuals to create content exclusively for their Instagram accounts, and with nearly twenty years of working in cookbook publishing, I’ve been around the world of food and foodies for a long time.
My workshops are perfect for foodies and bloggers keen to enhance their smart phone photography and for anyone who wants to up their Instagram game. They are great for people new to Instagram and also for those who are interested in using the app much more effectively, especially as a business tool to self-promote.
I have a great passion for Instagram and phone photography. I’ve worked with some of the UK’s best chefs, foodies and food photographers during a working life centred around food and food publishing. In my workshops, I aim to convey the power of Instagram as both a marketing and communication tool, and also the way that this amazing app enhances how people think and create in the world of food. All of my photography is taken using an iPhone: these workshops aim to enable you to get brilliant results doing just that, too.