Thursday 21st June 2018
The Bunch of Grapes, Bradford-on-Avon, 2–6pm, followed by a two-course dinner
E-mail me if you’d like to book on to this workshop.
About the workshop
An Instagram workshop for foodies, bloggers and anyone who wants to up their Instagram game. This 4-hour workshop is great for people who are perhaps new to Instagram or for those who are interested in using it much more effectively, especially as a business tool to self-promote. There will be 2 main elements, to be followed by lunch.
1) A talk and presentation about phone photography and Instagram
* The power of Instagram and how to get the most from it
* Finding a style
* Suggestions for styling food for photography
* Taking good photographs with your phone
* Editing your images
2) A practical workshop to practice what’s just been discussed
* We’ll have a selection of ingredients and some of my favourite props with which to experiment and put some of the above ‘teachings’ into practice, to include styling, shooting, editing and publishing images
I’m an art director and designer with a great passion for Instagram and phone photography. I’ve worked with some of the country’s best chefs, foodies and food photographers during my working life. I understand the power of Instagram as a marketing and communication tool, but I also love the way the app enhances how people think and create in the world of food. I’ve worked with many brands and individuals to create content exclusively for their Instagram accounts, and with nearly twenty years of working in cookbook publishing, I’ve been around the world of food and foodies for a long time.
2–6pm, on Thursday 21st June
Tea/coffee will quickly be served at around 4pm
Two-course dinner to be served from 6.15pm
Please arrive 10-15 minutes early so that we can begin promptly at 2pm.
Cost: £95, to include the workshop and a two-course dinner. Water will be available throughout the workshop. Guests will be welcome to order extra courses and drinks during the meal at their own individual expense.
The Bunch of Grapes
14 Silver St
Phone: 01225 938088
You will need:
* Your own camera phone or tablet (iPhone is my camera phone of choice and is the one I will be demonstrating with, but any smart phone or tablet that you take images with will be fine)
* A FULL BATTERY (a back-up battery pack and/or a charger cable, just in case also useful)
* Access to an Instagram account to which you can publish a few results on the day
* The most up-to-date version of the Instagram app for your phone/tablet would also be helpful
I request pre-payment for the workshops. Pre-payment enables me to secure your place on the workshop, without having to fear cancellations and not have time to fill those places.(If you should need to cancel once paid, I will happily fully refund the fee if I can book someone else onto the workshop in time.) No refund possible on cancellations made within 7 days of workshop date.
My workshops are perfect for foodies and bloggers keen to enhance their smart phone photography and for anyone who wants to up their Instagram game. These workshops run for four hours and are followed by a lunch or dinner at the hosting restaurant. They are great for people new to Instagram and also for those who are interested in using the app much more effectively, especially as a business tool to self-promote.
I have a great passion for Instagram and phone photography. I’ve worked with some of the UK’s best chefs, foodies and food photographers during a working life centred around food and food publishing. In my workshops, I aim to convey the power of Instagram as both a marketing and communication tool, and also the way that this amazing app enhances how people think and create in the world of food. All of my photography is taken using an iPhone: these workshops aim to enable you to get brilliant results doing just that, too.
See here for my other workshops.