Friday 27th April 2018
Deans Court, Wimborne, Dorset, 9.30am–1.30pm followed by a lunch, homemade and including seasonal produce from the stunning Deans Court kitchen garden.
£95 (with an overnight stay at the Gatehouse available at just £40)
E-mail me if you’d like to book on to this workshop.
About the workshop
An Instagram workshop in the stunning surroundings of Deans Court – a beautiful private house and garden very close to the centre of Wimborne Minster in Dorset. This most inspiring of settings will create the perfect environment for anyone looking to enhance their phone photography and Instagram ability. Perfect for foodies and bloggers, but also for anyone interested to know more about phone photography and how to get the most from this social media platform. This 4-hour workshop is for people both new to Instagram and for those who are interested in using it much more effectively, especially as a business tool to self-promote. There will be 2 main elements, to be followed by something to eat and drink.
1) A talk and presentation about phone photography and Instagram
* The power of Instagram and how to get the most from it
* Finding a style
* Suggestions for styling food for photography
* Taking good photographs with your phone
* Editing your images
2) A practical workshop to practice what’s just been discussed
* We’ll have a selection of ingredients and some of my favourite props with which to experiment and put some of the above ‘teachings’ into practice, to include styling, shooting, editing and publishing images
I’m an art director and designer with a great passion for Instagram and phone photography. I’ve worked with some of the country’s best chefs, foodies and food photographers during my working life. I understand the power of Instagram as a marketing and communication tool, but I also love the way the app enhances how people think and create in the world of food. I’ve worked with many brands and individuals to create content exclusively for their Instagram accounts, and with nearly twenty years of working in cookbook publishing, I’ve been around the world of food and foodies for a long time.
9.30am-1.30pm, on Friday 27th April 2018
Tea/coffee will quickly be served at around 11.30am
Lunch to be served following the workshop
Guests will be free to spend the afternoon after lunch wandering around the gardens, kitchen garden, shop and café and take in all that Deans Court has to offer – truly the most enchanting of places to continue to hone their iPhone skills.
Please arrive 10-15 minutes early so that we can begin promptly at 9.30am.
Cost: £95, to include the workshop and lunch and an extra £40 if you would like to stay at the Gatehouse the night before the workshop. Water will be available throughout the workshop.
Phone: 01202 849314
You will need:
* Your own camera phone or tablet (iPhone is my camera phone of choice and is the one I will be demonstrating with, but any smart phone or tablet that you take images with will be fine)
* A FULL BATTERY (a back-up battery pack would be ideal and/or a charger cable, just in case)
* Access to an Instagram account to which you can publish a few results on the day would be ideal
* The most up-to-date version of the Instagram app for your phone/tablet would also be helpful
I request pre-payment for the workshops. Pre-payment enables me to secure your place on the workshop, without having to fear cancellations and not have time to fill those places.(If you should need to cancel once paid, I will happily fully refund the fee if I can book someone else onto the workshop in time.) No refund possible on cancellations made within 7 days of workshop date.
My workshops are perfect for foodies and bloggers keen to enhance their smart phone photography and for anyone who wants to up their Instagram game. These workshops run for four hours and are followed by a lunch or dinner at the hosting restaurant. They are great for people new to Instagram and also for those who are interested in using the app much more effectively, especially as a business tool to self-promote.
I have a great passion for Instagram and phone photography. I’ve worked with some of the UK’s best chefs, foodies and food photographers during a working life centred around food and food publishing. In my workshops, I aim to convey the power of Instagram as both a marketing and communication tool, and also the way that this amazing app enhances how people think and create in the world of food. All of my photography is taken using an iPhone: these workshops aim to enable you to get brilliant results doing just that, too.
See here for my other workshops.